The Aim of the Nursing Studies Course is to:
- Provide foundation skills and entry requirements to access degree courses in Nursing.
- Develop a range of personal and interpersonal qualities necessary for work in a range of care environments.
- Be capable of creating and maintaining appropriate relationships with the client, their family and other professionals involved in their care.
- Acquire specialist knowledge, skills and competence in the role of the care assistant.
- Reflect on your abilities and aptitudes to work as a care assistant.
- Demonstrate good practice in working as a care assistant.
On successful completion of the Nursing Studies Course students will be awarded the following:
- Major Award: (QQI) Nursing Studies Certificate Level 5
- Certificate in Manual Handling
Students who successfully complete the full-time Nursing Studies course will have many professional and academic opportunities available to them. Employment opportunities include working in a professional care environment such as Day Care Centres, Nursing Homes and Hospitals.